My Photo
Name:
Location: West Chester, Ohio, United States

Friday, March 27, 2015

Where Is My Hope?

I think there have been many times in my life when I have been disappointed in circumstances, with others, or even with myself. Today, I found myself disappointed in circumstances. We had a setback in treatment today because of miscommunication between doctor's offices and a blood pressure reading of 87/44. So, my Daddy's treatment has been delayed by one week. I am thankful we discovered the source of his dizziness and lethargy (he even had a fall due to blacking out), because we were beginning to fear he was declining too quickly. 


While contemplating this week, I realized I had been putting so much importance on today, because my Daddy's treatment would begin, and with that a glimmer of hope in medical technology. My heart was pricked tonight, because my hope was misplaced. My hope should not be in these earthly manifestations of bits of glory, but in the Glory Himself, the one who makes all these medical innovations possible. He is in full control of every molecular structure put together in these medicines to effect every cell in our body. He is also in full control of time. Our schedule might have changed, but we know Who holds all of this in his hands.

Isaiah 40:25-26

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home