The Good News and The Bad News
On Tuesday, we went to see my Daddy's oncologist who specializes in treating brain metastases. She offered some good news...
the tumors on his brain treated by gamma knife in March are gone,
and some bad news...
we did not get the MRI results we were hoping for.
They found 21 new metastases on the brain. The ones treated with gamma knife are gone, so these are all new. Because he has been so weak, he is going to have ten days of whole brain radiotherapy, which should be easier on him initially than gamma knife. Each treatment will take about 15 minutes. It will probably start a week from Monday. His planning appointment for this treatment is next Tuesday. Monday, he has surgery to place a port. Hopefully, this will make his infusions go much more smoothly. We covet your prayers and I wish I had a more encouraging report to give you.
I am thrilled to have another Father's Day with my Daddy and I definitely do not take that for granted! I am thankful for his heart for others and how he has let Christ shine through his life. He has given my brother, David, and I more than we could ever imagine through his example of Christ-like living. I thank him for showing us Jesus and showing us unconditional love!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home